Sunday 15 November 2015

Letterbox Love #112

Letterbox Love is a way to give all of the books I receive for review some exposure. Summaries are taken from the cover, or Amazon/NetGalley/Goodreads in the case of e-books, unless otherwise stated.

Rebel of the Sands, Alwyn Hamilton (proof)

‘Have you ever wanted something so bad that it's not a want anymore? I need to get out of this town like I need to breathe.’

Dustwalk is an unforgiving, dead-end town. It's not the place to be poor or orphaned or female. And yet it's the only home Amani Al’Hiza has ever known – the desert is in her bones.

Amani wants to move on, escape, to see the world she's heard about in campfire stories. More than a want. A need.

Then a foreigner with no name turns up and saves her life. Tell me how you want your story to go, he says, and we’ll write it straight across the sand. With him she has the chance to run.

But the desert plains are full of danger, blood and magic. The sultan’s army is on the rise and soon Amani finds herself caught at the heart of a fearless rebellion…

Yay! Faber have been teasing us about this since the beginning of the year so I'm super excited to finally have a proof. Thank you!

The Shadow Keeper, Abi Elphinstone (signed proof)

Moll, Gryff, Alfie and Siddy are back as they continue their quest to battle the Shadowmasks and fulfil the Bone Murmur’s prophecy…

Thank you so much, Abi! The picture is the proof cover, hw beautifully Abi wrapped it – complete with a riddle in a bottle – and my quote for The Dreamsnatcher inside the proof!





Front Lines, Michael Grant (e-proof)

1942. The fate of the world rests on a knife edge. And the soldiers who can tip the balance…are girls.

Set in an alternate World War II where young women are called up to fight alongside men, this is the story of Rio Richlin and her friends as they go into battle against Hitler’s forces.

But not everyone believes they should be on the front lines. Now Rio and her friends must fight not only to survive, but to prove their courage and ingenuity. Because the fate of the world is in the hands of the soldier girls.

I don’t normally like war novels, but I love Michael Grant’s books so I’m all in! Thanks NetGalley and Electric Monkey!

Illumicrate Box 1!

A while ago I signed up to receive the first Illumicrate subscription box, curated by the lovely Daphne of Winged Reviews, and it arrived yesterday morning. I’m really pleased with everything I got and I’ll definitely be signing up for the next one! Here’s what I got:


Wolf by Wolf, Ryan Graudin (trade paperback)

Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them – made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same.

Germany, 1956. Over ten years since the Nazis won the war.

Seventeen-year-old Yael is part of the resistance, and she has just one mission: to kill Hitler.

But first she’s got to get close enough to him to do it.

A captivating and unforgettable story from The Walled City author, Ryan Graudin.

I was really quite worried that I would already have the book in the box, so I was so pleased to get one I don’t have and one that I want to!

Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!