Terrifyingly, we’re now halfway through 2014. At the beginning of the year I made a list of reading goals so I should be halfway to completely them – apparently. These were my pledges:
- Catch up on some of the awesome MG series’ I’ve missed (eg. Skulduggery Pleasant, Eragon, Percy Jackson, A Series of Unfortunate Events, finish His Dark Materials and Artemis Fowl, The Princess Diaries). STILL HOLDING OUT HOPE FOR THIS ONE!
- Read more classics. I did better last year than ever before, but I want to rock it this year! GETTING THERE! I’VE READ 3: PETER PAN, EMMA, A ROOM WITH A VIEW.
- Read more of the books that I buy. Books purchased myself seem to end up languishing on the bookcase in favour of review copies to soothe my guilt. No more. I AM TRYING WITH THIS ONE, BUT I’VE GOTTEN SO MANY AWESOME REVIEW COPIES THIS YEAR!
- Complete at least five series’ I’ve fallen behind on (eg. The Enemy, Hush, Hush, Gone, Leviathan, Kane Chronicles, Caster Chronicles, The Demon’s Lexicon, Numbers, The Maze Runner – I have a few to choose from!). ERM, NOTHING.
- Read 125 books as per last year’s Goodreads challenge. 65 BOOKS SO FAR, SO I’M ON MY WAY TO DOING THIS ONE.
- Read what I want to read when I want to read it. NOT QUITE...
- Read The Lord of the Rings trilogy. WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT?!
- Re-read Harry Potter. ONE DAY...
- Take the pressure off reading and blogging and ENJOY IT! I DON’T THINK THIS ONE WILL EVER HAPPEN.
So, yeah. I’m doing BRILLIANTLY *ahem*. I’m still hopeful about some of them; others were a little ambitious...
How are you doing with your 2014 reading goals? Have you completed any yet? Any advice to help me achieve mine?