Monday 17 June 2013

Zom-B Angels - Darren Shan



Pages: 233
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: 20th June 2013
Edition: UK hardback, review copy

Other Titles in this Series: Zom-B, Zom-B Underground, Zom-B City

B Smith is offered a base with revitalised angels, but is unsure whether siding with them is the right move. When an old enemy joins the gang, B’s doubts start to multiply. And then the shocking revelations start to kick in...

As I’m hurling myself into the air, one of the reviveds catches hold of my left foot and hauls me to the floor. A cluster of them press around me, fingers clawing at my face, trying to rip my face open, to get to the juicy brain which they think is the source of the smell.

‘No!’ I scream, pushing them back and struggling to my feet. I look around desperately, hoping that Master Zhang will help, but he just stands there, gazing at me, challenging me with his expression to figure my own way out of this mess...

I fly through each book in this series so quickly that even though they’re only three months apart, I feel like I’m waiting ages for each one!

It felt like Zom-B Angels picked the pace back up after less shocks, twists and turns in Zom-B City than I’ve become accustomed to in this series. There was a lot of background about the zombie apocalypse and I felt it cemented the story much more firmly and I feel like it’s really taken off. Lots of the reveals have sparked new lines for the rest of the series to play off and have give quite a few areas for B to develop even further.

With the re-appearance of the horrifically terrifying Mr Dowling and his presence and background explained, the Zom-B series now has its enemy and a goal to achieve with the story and I can’t wait to see how it all plays out and how many more times Darren Shan can make me gasp in surprise.

Zom-B Angels was brilliant fun and I can’t wait for Zom-B Baby to appear in my hands in September.


Thanks to S&S for providing me with a review copy.

Sophie

2 comments:

  1. I like the venture into horror/speculative fiction. It seems like an interesting read and the cover is incredibly strange (which is usually what attracts a horror reader).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hesitant to start this series but I might give it a go, seems quite interesting and I do like the way Shan writes.
    Glad you're enjoying it!
    aimes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!