Wednesday 12 December 2012

Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code - Eoin Colfer


Pages: 329
Publisher: Puffin
Release Date: 1st April 2011
Edition: UK paperback, review copy

Other Title in this Series: Artemis Fowl, The Arctic Incident, The Eternity Code, The Opal Deception, The Lost Colony, The Time Paradox, The Atlantic Complex, The Last Guardian

Artemis Fowl is attempting to go straight. But there’s always time for one last job.

Artemis Fowl has created the most powerful new supercomputer known to man – using stolen technology from an elite race of underground fairies.

And when the computer falls in to the hands of an IT billionaire with a shady past and an alleged mob connection, Artemis is in deep trouble. The consequences for humans and fairies alike are deadly. Only one person, well fairy, can help him.

If only Artemis Fowl wasn’t the fairies’ public enemy number one...

Once again, Eoin Colfer swept me away in to a world of schemes, technical wizardry and the hidden world of fairies.

Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code is a perfect example of lovable, vivid characters that captured my heart. One of the things I love most about them is how strong the female characters are. Holly is, as ever, completely kick-ass, rebellious, full of life and endlessly loyal to her friends. A new addition to the cast of main characters is Juliet, Butler’s little sister. After the shocking beginning of the novel, Artemis, Butler and Holly need a hand and she’s perfect: feisty, funny and not quite prepared for an Artemis-style heist.

I love the insight in to fairy history and its ties with the human world making me chuckle in shock – did you know that Stonehenge was actually a pizza parlour that was shut down when people started milling around? Genius. There is also a glimpse in to the usually closed off mind of Artemis in the sporadic diary entries; he’s very complex for a thirteen year old boy. In fact, I quickly forget that he’s so young when I’m reading!

I’ve become more invested in this series than I ever thought I would. I can’t wait to get my hands on Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception.

Thank you to Puffin for providing me with a review copy.

Sophie 

1 comment:

  1. You have noticed all the same things what I love in Artemis Fowl books! I LOVE the unique humour in those books and cant help laughing at loud when I read them!
    I have found many great books from here, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!