Sunday 12 February 2012

In My Mailbox 106


This meme was started by the fabulous Kristi who was inspired by Alea. Check out their blogs for more information. All summaries are from the book jackets unless otherwise stated.

For Review:

A Midsummer Tights Dream – Louise Rennison

In my squirrel room, looking over the moors to Gribottom, thinking about Alex. When he next sees me, I will be up there on the wild moors, lost to the world, unaware that I am being observed. It’s only when I glance up, that I notice Alex in his breeches and fancy shirt. He runs to me and takes me in his arms. I close my eyes and hear...
    “We is her, wiv our bumbums out.”
    And open them to see the toddler twins at my bedroom door, naked from the waist down.

You know when something feels really bad, worse than a bat trapped in your mouth? Or kissing the boy who ust wants to be your friend? Tallulah Casey does. She’s your kind of mate.

Yayyayyay! So excited! Thanks, HarperCollins!

Bought:

The Lover’s Dictionary – David Levithan

I don't usually do this kind of thing,” you said. “Neither do I,” I assured you.

Later it turned out we had both met people online before, and we had both slept with people on first dates before, and we had both found ourselves falling too fast before. But we comforted ourselves with what we really meant to say, which was: “I don't normally feel this good about what I’m doing.”

In 185 snapshot  moments The Lover’s Dictionary tells the story of a love affair between two people in New York. Moving, funny, heart-breaking and life-affirming, it is a story that anyone who has ever fallen in love will recognise.

So excited for this! All I’ve read by David Levithan is Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

Cleopatra: A Life – Stacy Schiff

The Pulitzer-prize winning biographer brings to life the most intriguing woman in the world: Cleopatra, the last queen of Egypt.

Cleopatra’s palace shimmered with onyx and gold but was richer still in political and sexual intrigue. Though her life spanned fewer than forty years, it reshaped the contours of the ancient world.

Famous long before she was notorious, Cleopatra has gone down in history for all the wrong reasons. Stacy Schiff boldly separates fact from fiction to rescue th magnetic queen whose death ushered in a new world order, a generation before the birth of Christ. Rich in detail, epic in scope, Schiff’s is a luminous reconstruction of a dazzling life.

I’ve had my eye on this for ages so when I found it in Toppings, I snapped it up. It'll be nice to read something different. 

Sophie 

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I hope the new Louise Rennison book is good! I quite enjoyed the first one. Happy reading! :)

    In My Mailbox #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. You have some interesting titles here.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for A Midsummer Tights Dream! The Lover's Dictionary sounds so cool, I bought it for my Kindle and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Happy reading! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Dictionary is going on my wish list ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Fab books this week, I'd be interested to see what you think of A Midsummer Tights Dream, happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great haul! Love the cover for Midsummer Tight's Dream! Just in time for St. Patrick's day!

    Here's mine:

    http://wickedlybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I really want to read Cleopatra. I've always meant to read Rennison's books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy them all! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoy these! I am not fond of that red cover for The Lover's Dictionary!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!