Monday 28 December 2009

Girl, Aloud - Emily Gale

Girl, Aloud - Emily Gale

Pages: 276
Publisher: Chicken House
Release Date: 7th December 2009

This is serious.
This is big.
Dad has finally lost it.

He’s entered me for The X Factor.

This would be less of a crisis if:

1. I could sing.
2. Any tiny bit of me wanted to be a star.
3. I hadn’t lost my two best friends over a boy in brown boots.

Inside I’m screaming, I just wannabe…me!

Girl, Aloud is the story of a girl finding her voice that’s at once painfully embarrassing and incredibly sad.

Emily Gale wrote a brilliant cast of characters in Girl, Aloud. Kass is strong, funny, and even though nothing ever goes right for her, I didn’t want to pity her. I felt that she would work things out. Raff is funny and strange, like all little brothers, and even a little sweet. And Char and Izzy are great friends with distinctive character traits that set them apart.

One of the elements of Girl, Aloud that I really enjoyed was Kass’s dream conversations with Simon Cowell. They were really brilliant. I loved the way that they argued and it made Kass realise things about herself. I’d never be able to talk to Simon Cowell, though: he scares me a little!

After such a great debut, I’m really looking forward to reading what Emily Gale writes next.

Sophie

7 comments:

  1. I loved reading your review! I agree that the dream conversations with Simon Cowell were brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really funny. Definitely not my type of read but none the less it still sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I loved this one too, such a fun but serious book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently won this and I cannot wait to read it!!! All I need is some free time, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, It sounds like a hilarious book. :)
    Conversations with SIMON... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good review. It doesn't sound like my type of book, but it seems cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The accounting ai has played a major role in the innovation of the accounting that make the accounts easy for the accountant

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!