Thursday 13 July 2017

Books I Couldn't Finish (14): The Girl on the Train, Good Me Bad Me & My Cousin Rachel

I used to finish every book I started, whether I was enjoying it or not. But life is short. I’ve realised that I don’t have time for books I’m not fully involved in any longer so if I don’t like something or don’t connect with it as much as I want to, I’ll put it aside. It still makes me feel guilty though, especially if I received them for review so I still want to talk about them, explain why I didn’t like them. Here are the most recent books I DNF-ed.

The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins
This is one of the most hyped books of the last few years and I eventually caved in to the pressure, but I was totally unmoved by it. I was so surprised by how slow this was. SO SLOW. I got so frustrated that I ended up Googling what happened so I could DNF it and be done. Whoops. I really, really wanted to like this and buy in to the hype, mostly so I could watch the film, but I think I'll just watch the film instead.




Good Me, Bad Me, Ali Land
After reading and loving CJ Skuse’s Sweetpea I was desperate for something similar, and sadly this wasn’t. I was suitably horrified by the things going on, but I also felt no compulsion to keep reading or really find out what had happened and what was going to happen. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t just finished something I really, really loved.

My Cousin Rachel, Daphne du Maurier
I am officially gutted that I didn’t fall in love with this. I picked it up so I could see the movie, but i just never found myself wanting to get back to the audiobook - I was perfectly happy to do my chores and walk around town without it. That for me is a sign that my audiobook just isn’t working. I’ll be giving this another go when Autumn hits and prime du Maurier weather is back again.


Sophie

19 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you interested in any kinds of hacking services?
    Feel free to contact TECHNECHHACKS@GMAIL.COM.

    TECHNECHHACKS is a group of hacker that has their own specialty and they are five star rated hackers.


    we deal with the total functioning of sites like,



    + SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)

    + CREDIT CARDS INSTALLATION

    + WESTERN UNION TRANSFER

    + MONEY FLIPPING

    + BANK ACCOUNTS

    + IOS/OS

    + CRIMINAL RECORDS

    + SCHOOL GRADES

    + CREDIT SCORES

    + SPOUSES PHONE

    + BTC RECOVERY

    + BTC MINING


    Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.

    I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.

    PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!



    And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!



    I’m always available for you when you need help.

    Contact or write us on:

    Technechhacks@gmail.com

    Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete

  3. It was an amazing article.Thanks a lot for providing us this useful article with us.

    clipping path service
    Background Removal Service

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up. Check this out

    HACCP Certification in Sri Lanka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Information. Thanks for sharing this Post.
    Learn the best Data science training Course and join MNCs with 100% placement assistance.
    Big data and Hadoop training in kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys, if you have been a victim of any bitcoin/ cryptocurrency scam like I was, contact easybitcoinrecovery@gmail.com they're very efficient and highly recommendable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up. Check this out

    HACCP Certification

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article, I learn new information from your article

    CE Marking

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://solittletimeforbooks.blogspot.com/2017/07/books-i-couldnt-finish-14-girl-on-train.html?showComment=1605091291108#c1830945094947875236

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great article, I learn new information from your article

    CE Marking

    ReplyDelete
  12. informed decision. If the buyers got to buy only quality food products it's important that they ask the manufacture and expiry dates.food plastic packaging manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  13. All world is facing the Covid-19 infection, many people loss their loving ones. But engage yourself with entertaining materials and think positive. Visit http://www.clubwww1.com/dating/member/profile_ModelsManchester.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. #Visicoolermanufacturers
    #Visicoolermanufacturer
    #IslandFreezermanufacturers
    #IslandFreezermanufacturer
    for more info:
    https://www.visicoolermanufacturers.com/
    Call Us: +91 - 98992 05177

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins
    one of the most hyped books of the last few years and I eventually caved in to the pressure, but I was totally unmoved by it. Now its time to avail dry van dispatch servicesfor more details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These books are very useful and informative. Thanks for sharing these books. Now it's time to avail Hi Viz Vest for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lot of good and suspense book but no time read. This one is very amazing for us. Thanks for sharing this article. Now it's time to avail HYDRATING SUN SCREEN LOTION for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!