Tuesday 6 December 2016

My Christmas TBR

Every December I get to reach back into the books I missed from earlier in the year and get caught up on some of that year’s releases, but I always try and get in a few Christmas books too. I accidentally (HA!) bought myself loads of Christmas classics this year as well as some gorgeous festive YAs that came through review so I’ve got a pretty stellar Christmas TBR lined up.

Penguin Christmas Classics
I saw these on one of my favourite Instagram accounts (you should all go and follow Emma at mistyangelofsky) and had to have them immediately. I’m still waiting for a few to arrive, but these are the beauties I have lined up. I’d love to get them all under my belt before Christmas, but I think that might be a bit too ambitious even for me…


Vintage Christmas Classics
This collection is also Emma’s fault… She posted the whole collection and shared that the set of eight books was available on The Book People for only £10 - I couldn’t ignore that kind of deal. I’ve successfully convinced a few other people to buy them, too! There’s a real mix of titles in here. Ones I’ve wanted to read for years and ones I’ve never even heard of. I’m only aiming to read one of these this year and I’m thinking Italo Calvino’s If on a winter’s night a traveller.


The YA
Some wonderful Christmassy YA has hit shelves over the last few months and it’s made me excited about YA for the first time in ages. I’ve already devoured Jay Asher’s What Light and The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn and I loved them both endlessly - they were quick, fun, romantic and put me right in the Christmas mood. I’ve also got the I’ll be Home for Christmas anthology from Stripes on my Kindle and Abi Elphinstone’s Winter Magic which I’m super excited about.


What are you reading this month?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!