Sunday 8 July 2012

In My Mailbox 122


This meme was started by the fabulous Kristi who was inspired by Alea. Check out their blogs for more information. All summaries are from the book jackets unless otherwise stated.

For review:

Artemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident – Eoin Colfer

Criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl never stops scheming...

Artemis’s father has been missing for almost two years. His location? The Arctic Circle, where the Russian Mafiya are holding his prisoner. Now Artemis must execute a daring  rescue operation to get his father back.

But that’s not his only problem. Since abducting one of an underground race of armed and dangerous fairies, Artemis has become their prime suspect for any human wrongdoing. Elfin Captain Holly Short has accused him of supplying illegal human power cells (aka AAA batteries) to the goblin gangs. There’s going to be a terrifying uprising – but at least it wil get Artemis away from his computer and he’ll meet some new people.

It’s just a pity most of them want to kill him

Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code – Eoin Colfer

Artemis Fowl is attempting to go straight. But there’s always time for one last job.

Artemis Fowl has created the most powerful new supercomputer known to man – using stolen technology from an elite race of underground fairies.

And when the computer falls into the hands of an IT billionaire with a shady past and an alleged mob connection, Artemis is in deep trouble. The consequences for humans and fairies alike are deadly. Only one person, well, fairy, can help him now.

If only Artemis Fowl wasn’t the faires’ public enemy number one...

I got these from the lovely Puffin. Be sure to look out for a guest post from Eoin Colfer next week.

Yesterday, I went up to London for the S&S Blogger’s Summer Presentation and as well as meeting the lovely Sarah Alderson and getting my books signed, I bagged myself these lovelies:

Love at Second Sight – Cathy Hopkins

Can once in a lifetime happen twice?

Jo has never been lucky in love, and as the boy she likes has a queue of girls after him, it doesn’t look like things are going to  change. But when she’s dragged along to see a clairvoyant by her two coupled-up best friends, Jo’s told that in a past life, she experienced true love and to be happy in this life, she needs to find her soulmate again in the present day. Jo doesn’t believe a word of it, but then a series of events begin to change her mind. With three boys in her life, she wonders how she is ever to recognice The One? Will looking back to the past help shape her future? And does true love really happen time after time?

This sounds cute, fluffy and perfect for a raint afternoon. Looking forward to this!

Zom-B – Darren Shan (ARC)

Can you love a bullying, racist thug if he’s your father?

Where do you hide when killer babies invade your dreams?

How do you react when confronted with your darkest inner demons?

What do you do when zombies attack?

B Smith is about to find out!

I’ve never read anything by Darren Shan before and I’m very curious about this.

Fury – Elizabeth Miles

The Furies are back, and Emily Winters is about to discover that their roots in Ascension are deeper than she ever imagined. With the help of her new friend, Drea, she vows to take them down. But it’s hard to focus when she’s desperate to make up with JD, and to figure out why Crow, a mysterious Ascension High School dropout, seems to be shadowing her.

Meanwhile, new girl, Skylar McVoy, is determined to leave her own dark past behind. So she’s thrilled when popular Gabby takes her under her wing, and the stunning and sophisticated Meg offers to give her a major makeover. But everyone knows what happens to the vainest girl of all...

It’s tempting to be naughty. But beware:

The Furies are always watching, and their power grows stronger by the day.

I wasn’t completely taken by Fury, but I am curious where the story will go next.

Sophie 

9 comments:

  1. *MUPPET FLAILS* ZOM-B! Argh! So so so so so so SOOOOO excited for that book! :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you got to meet Sarah Alderson! I chatted with her a couple of times of Twitter and she always seems so nice.
    Great book haul this week- I have had Fury on my TBR pile for ages, I'd better get a move on if Envy is out already!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sally@Always Lost in Stories, I was given Fury and haven't had a chance to read yet. Some good books though - I always liked Artemis Fowl and hope you enjoy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any Artemis Fowl books but I remember my mum giving me the first book YEARS ago. God knows where it is now...

    I'm really looking forward to reading Love at Second Sight as I think it sounds like my kind of book! So good to see you again yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love At Second Sight sounds really interesting!

    Happy reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! I want to read Fury and Enjoy. I love the cover for Love at Second Sight.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Fury, but I do love the UK cover for Envy! Love at Second Sight looks like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - the cover to Envy is so gorgeous! Look at her hair! I've been eying Fury for a while now and with Envy looking and sounding great, I think I'll get on that soon. I remember really liking the Artemis Fowl series when I was younger. Enjoy your haul!

    My haul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zom-B sounds awesome! I really want to read the Artemus Fowl books too, hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!