Paige Harbison is the 2011 debut author of Here Lies Bridget. She is currently working on an Art major at Townston University.
1. If you were only allowed to take three books to a desert island, what would they be?
Harry Potter books 3, 5, and 7.2.
2. Is there a novel that you wish you’d written? Why?
Ha---Twilight. Man she’s lucky. Plus if I’d written it, he wouldn’t sparkle. He’d be a little more badass than that.
3. Did you know a girl like Bridget when you were in high school?
I was her in some ways. But all the worst of her was just a combination of some things I saw around me.
4. Was it hard to write the initial chapters where Bridget is at her worst without alienating the reader?
Oh, god no. Those are the easiest. I wanted her to be awful, and that was really fun to write. I just hoped readers would wonder how she could redeem herself.
5. Are you working on anything at the moment? Can you tell us anything about it?
New Girl will be out this fall. Oh, you thought Bridget Duke was bad…wait until you meet Becca Normandy. It’s a modern take on Rebecca.
Thanks, Paige! You can visit Paige at her website and read my review of Here Lies Bridget here.
Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison, published by Mira Ink £6.99 www.miraink.co.uk